Hi there - my name is Hannah Whitehead and I am a 21 year old graphic designer from Northland, New Zealand. I currently live in a small older home with my husband Dylan and newborn daughter Frankie. Today I will be sharing with you all a wee tour of our baby girls nursery!
We started working on the nursery before we knew the gender of our baby - Dylan sanded back the old walls and worked his magic with plaster and white paint. The end result is absolutely perfect and I am super lucky to have such a handy husband around! Once our 20 gender scan came along and we discovered that we were expecting a girl I got to work with adding a feminine touch to the mostly white room.
I wanted to stick with a colour palette that could not only last her a few years but fitted in with the nordic feel that flows through the rest of our home so in the end we decided on grey, black, white and blush pink. Keeping the majority of the main furniture white allowed for a nice blank canvas to add colour in with accessories.
Her room is small, and when I say small I mean very small! It was challenging to find the space to add all of the elements that I was wanting. We have used a fair bit of raised storage such as her shelving and hanging wardrobe to maximise the wall space and get the most out of the tiny room.
I hope that you have enjoyed this wee snippet of our home and can gather pieces as inspiration for your own children's rooms!
Where to buy the products:
- Jamie Kay Cross Cot Blankets (Grey + Blush Pink) - www.jamiekay.co.nz
- Kokoko Cloud Cushion - www.surreypark.co.nz
- Jellycat Rabbit - www.littleco.co.nz
- Ferm Living Basket (Used as Toy Basket) & Leather Ottoman - www.letliv.co.nz
- Teepee - www.littlelinzi.bigcartel.com
- Hanging Wardrobe - Hand Made
- Tree Wall Decals - www.onehundredpercentheart.com
- Triangle Bunting - www.mareeandco.co.nz"